Design and Art Thinking, Creativity Tools and Processes, Project Management and Strategy, Sustainability and Symbolic Added Value
Research is organized 3 interdisciplinary teams working in flexible networks, rearranged accordingly with the nature of the active projects. This group welcomes collaborative work with researchers of other organizations. The interdisciplinary teams are:
- Project and Sustainable Development (focus on Material / Environmental);
- Project and Knowledge Transfer (focus on Imagination / Integration);
- Project Innovation and Regional Development (focus on Society / Regional Planning).
Group Coordinator elected by the Scientific Committee, two-year renewable term;
Scientific Committee formed by all integrated members;
Project coordinators emerge out of the projects themselves, or if necessary, appointed by the SC;
Plenary: Periodic meetings with all the members of this group, are set at least twice a year.
Cláudia Regina da Silva Gaspar de Melo Albino
João António de Almeida Mota
Paulo Antonio Santos Silva
Rafaela Noro Grando
Eduardo Carvalho Araujo
Janaina Teles Barbosa
João Manuel Nunes Tavares Nunes
Maria Alice Correia Cardoso
Raquel Cristina de Sousa Pires
Strategy and Sustainability is a research group producing research that integrates knowledge of Design Thinking, Art Thinking, Project Management, Regional Planning, Creative Processes and Project Process, for producing new models, processes, and creativity tools for facilitating projects and its effectiveness in organizations and society. This includes understanding the complete life cycle of project outputs, as well as, the influence that projects have in shaping the future.
This group welcomes collaborative work with researchers of other organizations in flexible networks, rearranged accordingly with the nature of the active projects. The objectives of the following teams are:
- Project and Sustainable Development (focus on Material / Environmental)
Understanding of creative processes / project process sensible to the environmental consequences caused by the life cycle of a product /service. Researchers are supposed develop strategies and proposals to converge sustainability with project success.
- Project and Knowledge Transfer (focus on Imagination / Integration)
Understanding of creative processes / project process sensible to cooperation of diverse fields, from poetry to technology. An example is the collaborative work of geographically displaced teams and the consequences caused by the increasing number, and diversity of people and partners involved in a project. Researchers are supposed to develop strategies and proposals to manage communication, creativity and management, in this case, for large-scale teams. Another example is the realization of case studies of Co-Creation and Co-Design (designers and users/clients). Researchers are supposed to develop strategies and tools, which enable the inclusion of customers in the Design Thinking process of a project.
- Project Innovation and Regional Development (focus on Society / Regional Planning)
Understanding of creative processes / project process sensible to the regional and social context in which the project dwells. Researchers are supposed to develop strategies, proposals or scenarios useful for the decision makers involved on changes of the territorial and social dynamics. Another example is the development of a prototype of a kind of mental gymnasium, an open space, where diverse social actors can develop their creative thinking abilities, generating at the same time ideas and projects for social innovation. Researchers are supposed to develop strategies and proposals to test the concept and dynamics of such a space. (Open Space for Social Innovation – OSSI)
Some ongoing PhD Research:
- Coordinated branding and Identity (Rádio Televisão de Portugal) – a strategic approach. Research funded by FCT contract/agreement with RTP
- Material Culture in Heritage Narratives: Museum Studies on Fashion narrative and experience.
- Commercial windows: Design Thinking as strategy for the revitalization of traditional trade? the case of Oporto’s downtown.
- A strategy for insertion of Design in clusters through the Triple Helix Model: The Creative Science Park of the University of Aveiro.